August 6th: Regarding my VISA: so after 7 business days I didn't have my VISA/passport back yet, so I called the consulate. I was told I had to have my Degree notorized and I needed to send another $25.00. I called Dave, my Superintendent, and told him what the consulate said. He told me to send the money but the only reason I would need my diploma notarized is if I wanted my license. I called the consulate back he said it was up to my school & I told him that my school said I didn't need it. So I went to my bank got another $25 cashiers check and went and overnighted it. Friday the 7th I called, he said he'd received it and I asked if he could get it out to me, because I was leaving on Wednesday. He told me he would try. I had put tracking on it so I knew Friday night that it had not been shipped. Let's just say it was a tough weekend. Monday cam I called him again and told him it had to go out today I was leaving the next day. He said ok I asked what time he closed so I could call back. He said 3:00 his time. I called back at 2:30, I was told he closed at 2:00. FRUSTRATING
A little after 6:00 I got an email it had been picked up and expected delivery was the 11th. On Tuesday the 11th my VISA arrived, I was so relieved. So I continued to work on laundry and packing. I also had promised my niece I would make her a new backpack. A little after 5:00 I sat down and was organizing all the paperwork I needed and realized the consulate sent back none of my medical paperwork! Yea stress is an understatement and nothing I could do because my doctors office had closed. I finished getting everything else finished and sewed Koree's backpack, I finally went to bed at 2:00. I was up before 6:00. Got up and started getting ready, wanted to be at my doctors office as soon as the opened (I was a few minutes late). I told them what I needed and she said they'd check my file but they don't necessarily always keep that stuff in my file. 20 long minutes later one of the nurse came out with copies of all my stuff. Stress!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment